New formulations and preparation procedures soon turned the Aachen chocolatiers into a Wilhelminian success story. Once the foundation stone for the first chocolate factory had been laid in 1903, even the finest of chocolates could be produced in large quantities. The Trumpf brand soon became a familiar name for these delicacies.
After the Second World War, Leonhard Monheim AG took over parts of the production of the Mauxion chocolate factory, a company equally steeped in tradition, and marked another important milestone for the company by completing the takeover in 1958. Since 1986, Leonhard Monheim AG has been trading under the name of Ludwig Schokolade GmbH & Co. KG. Its integration into the Krüger Group in 1998 set the course for success in the competitive domestic and international markets of the 21st century.